AppsScraps Movie Reviews

Aug 14, 2009

The Hottie & the Nottie

Release date: 21 February 2008 (USA)

Paris Hilton stars. That is surely enough to have any moviegoer flee. Full of rank cliches. That is surely enough to make any moviegoer cringe. A done-before story of the ugly sister, this time Cristabel's (Paris Hilton) childhood best friend, June (Christine Lakin) who metamorphoses from horror to beauty thus turning the head of Nate (Joel Moore) who initially only had eyes for Cristabel. Yawn, you'd think. And you know what, despite all this; despite the cliche and cringe factor and dreadfulness is a genuine feel good film that really grows on you. I know I'm in a minority here, but I found The Hottie & the Nottie entertaining, fun, funny, and real despite its many flaws. Thanks, I suppose to director Tom Putnam for keeping things on track. Totally worth a rent on a lazy summer afternoon at the cottage.

My rating 7 out of 10.


No comments: