AppsScraps Movie Reviews

Jun 18, 2007

Miami Vice

Release date: 27 July 2006 (Puerto Rico)

In a word: horrible. An embarrassment to all involved. Why this awful film didn't go straight to dvd rental is beyond me. Perhaps the draw of some fairly decent stars in Colin Farrell, Jamie Foxx and, even, Gong Li blinded the studio? The story centres on ... hmmm well, really, who cares?! I found it strange to see Gong Li playing a contemporary role ... she's much better in historical roles all dolled up, to say nothing of her c
hinglish (though she's nearly perfect speaking Spanish). Miami Vice is yet another example of what's wrong with Hollywood. I'd say it's all flash and no substance but even the flash is missing here. I'm loathe to actually give it a rating.

My rating 0 out of 10. Avoid!


No comments: